Thursday, October 2, 2014

Star Citizen claims Guiness World Record - Most Crowdfunded Project Overall

Hey guys, I (kind of) got into the Guiness Book of World Records!!! (well CIG did, but I backed Star Citizen so ... =P)

Guiness Book of World Records 2015, page 17:
- Flash/HTML version
- SEO version

And this was when Star Citizen had raised $39.6 million back in March, and it's now over $55 million!!! Note that sponsorships and subscriber monies do NOT count towards the total you see on the funding goals webpage.

In the latest Letter From the Chairman, Chris Roberts describes CIG's budgeting planning, and how 'feature-creep' is actually part of the agile development process, with "creeped" features coming after Persistent Universe v1.0 release, although others may come before that since they're able to with increased funding, like higher fidelity ship models.
Go agile! (I'm glad I'm being taught Agile at my current uni, whereas I in the previous one I only touched waterfall/Vmodel. Maybe it's because I switched from hardware to software, but the idealogy should be taught/learnt anyway!)

You can also see other crowdfunded projects (also on page 16, it's a double page spread), including the pebble smartwatch (which came out before all the latest watches like Samsung, Sony and Apple's current-gen offerings). It features e-ink which is cooler and less battery draining than LED/LCD but is monochrome. I wrote about both Star Citizen and Pebble last year here

No comments:

Post a Comment